Sunday 18 May 2014

A little introduction

Hi there! 

I thought I'd kick off this blog with a post about my latest obsession - knitting. I was recently lusting after a gorgeous Icelandic wool jumper. The wool they are made from, called lopi, is spun from the fibers of the their domestic sheep. Lopi comprises a mix of the tog (outer course fleece) and pel (inner softer fleece) to create a lightweight water-resistant and breathable wool. The design of the jumpers vary but generally have a large diamond or zig-zag motif that circles around the neckline. There will have been a lot time, skill and craftsmanship gone into making one. Unfortunately for me, I just don't have that many pennies. So there was only one thing for it - learn to knit!

I hope you will check back soon to see how I got on with the first project - a rather wonky looking scarf...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts.

Google+