Friday 25 September 2015

Battered Halloumi Cubes

 
Ah, Halloumi. The squeaky cheese. There are few things that can make cheese even better than it already is. Batter is one of em! An idea that wouldn't have occurred to me if I hadn't seen it on a menu when dining out at a Village Inn Pub. Here, I try to recreate the warm cheesy yumminess.

Ingredients:
 
250g block of Halloumi Cheese (at room  temperature)
2 tbsp Milk
4 tbsp Water
4 tbsp Cornflour
4 tbsp Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt & Pepper or other seasoning
Oil for deep frying
 
The halloumi I had at the pub was done in a crispy beer batter but I just made a basic batter (mainly because I didn't have any beer to hand) by mixing together the dry ingredients in the list above, adding the milk and then the water until I had a consistency that wasn't too thick but also not too thin. The cheese was cut into cubes, coated in the batter and then placed in the deep fryer and they were done in seconds. Remove and place on a plate with paper towel to absorb some of the excess oil. Serve immediately and enjoy.
 
 
-Miranda

 
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts.

Google+